On July 28, 2021, Moscow Physical Engineering Institute (MEPhI) – a top Russian university in the nuclear field preparing personnel for Rosatom – announced the creation of a new bachelor's program – "Security of the Computer Systems (Objects of Critical Information Infrastructure)".
According to the representatives of the University, the program will focus on fundamental mathematical training, as well as cybersecurity theory, and key information technologies necessary for the protection of the critical information infrastructure. The students will also study cryptography, the security architecture of local and internet systems, digital forensics, and penetration testing. Program alumni will develop and maintain cybersecurity at high-tech companies.
On the same day, University's press service announced the creation of a consortium "Intellectual Information Technologies and Cybersecurity". The consortium will aim to create a common scientific and educational space in the sphere of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity as well as financial and economic security.
MEPhI will be joined by:
– the Russian financial watchdog Federal Financial Monitoring Service,
– the Institute for System Programming of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
– the Russian microprocessor company MCST,
– the Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
– the Rosatom company for digitalization of the nuclear industry "Tsifrum",
– the Urals Federal University (Yekaterinburg, Russia),
– the Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation,
– the Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov (Arkhangelsk, Russia).
The consortium will cooperate on fundamental and applied research, education, development of protected intellectual technologies and systems, including AI systems based on Russian central and neural processing units.
1. MEPhI Launches a Program on the Security of Computer Systems
, July 28, 2021.
2. "Intellectual Information Technologies and Cybersecurity" Consortium was Created at the National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
, July 28, 2021.