On January 15, 2021, Rosatom awarded a 2.7 million Rubles (USD 36 587) contract for support of Rosatom activities related to monitoring the status of state control and accounting for nuclear material in Russia.
The contract was awarded to Rosatom organization Atombezopasnost through a non-competitive procurement procedure for a period of one year (2021). Similar contracts have been awarded to Atombezopasnost since at least 2013, since 2016 such contracts have been awarded annually.
Under the contract, Atombezopasnost will systemize and analyze information on material control and accounting (MC&A) of civil and defense nuclear material. This includes results of on-site MC&A inspections conducted by Rosatom, information on the elimination of deficiencies identified during MC&A status monitoring, as well as other information relevant to MC&A available to Rosatom.
The contractor should prepare an annual MC&A status report covering the following MC&A issues:
– MC&A management;
– MC&A accounting records and reports;
– MC&A measurements, including measurement methods, measurement equipment, and other issues of metrology support;
– Physical inventories;
– MC&A automation;
– MC&A self-assessment;
– Maintaining MC&A personnel qualification.
The contract also includes drafting a new revision of Rosatom regulations on defining and registering MC&A reporting areas to replace regulations enacted and distributed to Rosatom organizations in 2008. The current version of the regulation was developed by Rosatom with support from the USA.
Russian Nuclear Security Update has recently written about another contract
awarded to Atombezopasnost to provide monitoring and expert support for the operation of a subsystem for accounting for spent nuclear fuel of the Federal Information System (FIS).
1. Procurement # 201230/0451/304. Control of the state and functioning of the state system for control and accounting for nuclear material in the Russian Federation
. January 15, 2021.
2. Procurement # 160425/0451/091. Control of the state and functioning of the state system for control and accounting for nuclear material in the Russian Federation
. May 6, 2016.
3. Procurement # 130415/0451/157. Control of the state and functioning of the state system for control and accounting for nuclear material in the Russian Federation
. June 11, 2013.